Saturday 29 September 2012

First draft of my MWP



Writing and Thinking

Writing… is the perfect language for “Occidental Civilization”. There you can use the grammatical rules of the language, you can organize your ideas in order to do not be repetitive…. And if I say it is the perfect language it is because a text, a piece of writing lets you use all the language components and only as the result of wanting to do it but because it is mandatory for the audience to understand. It does not matter how much you say you do not write for other, that you write for yourself… that is not true. We write to understand ourselves but overall, we write for letting people know what we think. And at the end all we do is thinking… also when writing.

Comparison of Writing in Different Languages.
For me writing in English is like when I want to go to swim but I do not have time. So I just go because I really want to.

Writing in French is like eating a pasta dish. I love it so much, I do not want it to finish.

Writing in Spanish is like climbing a mountain. I do it as a challenge. I know I can put all my native language knowledge on and write a good sentence, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Margareth, when I had to write about the relation between thinking and writing I had to face many problems, in terms of knowledge, because I did not know how to explain that relation. Actually, I do not know how to do it well yet. I think you were in the same situation and I say so because of the way you explain that relation. I recommend you to check one more time the following part of your text (I think a word is missing for completing the sense of your text): "And if I say it is the perfect language it is because a text, a piece of writing lets you use all the language components and only as the result of wanting to do it but because it is mandatory for the audience to understand."

    I really like the comparison you made between writing in french and eating a pasta dish. That comparison tells me how you enjoy the process of writing in french and eating pasta.

    Margareth, I am so sure you are able to do it better. I expect this comment helps you in your writing process.

    :)

    ReplyDelete