Sunday 23 September 2012

Rosa Huertas: Writing in different languages, relationship between writing and thinking

Writing in different languages
(Micro written practice)

“Writing in English is the most ingenious torture ever devised for sins committed in previous lives. The English reading public explains the reason why.” James Joyce quotes (Irish novelist, 1882-1941)


I already explored what it means writing in English for me, and the amazing thing is that I still believed is like to ride a horse, because even though I don’t know how to do it I like it, and I feel afraid of do it, because I think that although I try to improve it I never reach the level I want to have, In both I feel a little comfortable, but not quite at all. The freedom is limited by fear and insecurity of doing wrong, of being wrong, of mockery, of falling. Anyway sometimes I take the risk of trying, and in those times of trying the excitement and adrenaline dampen that fear. So I keep on rode through the English words.

French script for me in is kind of complicated, maybe so much as waking up early in the mornings, the sensation of feeling close the Monday, or worse, waking up early on Mondays and feeling not myself well, sometimes I think it is strange, because is kind of a new beginning, but is also the responsibility of doing things, realize different duties and obligations, queuing at banks, standing on the bus for an hour or more, feeling the heat and fatigue of the noon. I don’t feel comfortable writing in French I hope to learn it somehow, but right now I am not so good at it.

Spanish is so different to me, obviously because is my mother language, It flows very easy, but I want to clarified that I not an expert just because is my mother language. Writing in Spanish for me is like to imagine flying between yellow and blue butterflies, I can become dreams, illusions in real just by writing, is like a magic carpet that allows me to travel wherever I want. I just like that.

Relationship between writing and thinking
(Micro written practice)

There are many human process that are interconnected each other, that of course are really important to make physical things happen, but all star in with a mental process: to think then to do it. In that case writing follows the thinking process. Anything that is written must be thinking first, or twice. But is not an easy process, even when the idea is on the mind is difficult to write it.




2 comments:

  1. I already explored what it means writing in English for me, and the amazing thing is I still believe it is like riding a horse, Even though I don’t know how to do it, I like it. I feel afraid of doing it, because I think that a I try to improve it I never reach the level I want to have and I am insecure of being wrong, mocked, or flailing. Sometimes I take the risk of trying, and in those times of trying, the excitement and adrenaline dampen that fear. So I keep on riding through the English words.

    French script for me in is kind of complicated, maybe like waking up early in the morning. The sensation of feeling close to Monday, or worse, waking up early on Mondays and not feeling well. Sometimes I think it is strange, because it is kind of a new beginning, but is also a responsibility of doing things. Such as fulfilling different duties and obligations. Like queuing at banks, standing on the bus for an hour or more, or feeling the heat and fatigue at noon. I don’t feel comfortable writing in french, I hope to learn it somehow, but right now I am not so good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diego, I appreciated what you have done for me, but I think you did not have to correct me literally, I think (if I'm not wrong) you had to criticize and give me ideas from your point of view as a reader. But thanks, because I find it helpful anyway and I know you did it with good purposes.(happy face).

    ReplyDelete