Friday 14 September 2012


Writing and thinking, that is one of my main problems. I will like to explain it. 

Sometimes I think brilliant things, like such in a deep way, but when I try to write it that feeling go away. Maybe because I have learn about been academic and how sometimes you should not present a text, or express your feelings, or something like that. Also, last semester I started to have a problem with quotations, I am going to explain it: I have this idea, I look how to support it, authors, books, etc and I found good arguments that could help me. I create the theoretical framework and start developing my ideas with the quotations, but when I get to the conclusion I feel I have nothing left to say. 

I know that when you finish an academic text you make like a wrap up of everything you said, but that is all I can do, I feel like my voice is lost in all that text. That is just what I think when I write.      

3 comments:

  1. I think this text expresses very well your feelings about quotations which I think is one of the main problems writers have at the time to write. I found a mistake in the first paragraph because you did not wrote the verb learn in the participle past while you were using past perfect. ¡There is another aspect later when you say "make like wrap up", I did not get that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know the grammar mistakes I had.
    What I'm trying to say with the phrasal verb "wrap up" is that when you finish and academic text, you develop a conclusion that contains the most important aspects of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Version

    Writing and thinking, that is one of my main problems. I will like to explain it. Sometimes I think brilliant things, like such in a deep way, but when I try to write it that feeling go away. Maybe because I have learned about being academic and how sometimes you should not present a text, or express your feelings or something like that. Also, last semester I started to have a problem with quotations, I am going to explain it: I have this idea, I look how to support it, authors, books, etc. and I found good arguments that could help me. I create the theoretical framework and start developing my ideas with the quotations, but when I get to the conclusion I feel I have nothing left to say.

    I know that when you finish an academic text you make a wrap up of everything you said, but that is all I can do. I feel like my voice is lost in all that text. That is just what I think when I write.

    ReplyDelete