Monday 17 September 2012


WRITING AND THINKING

I have had the opportunity of writing in English, Spanish and French, I have had the chance of creating some colorful and diverse texts due to my tutors programs and it has been a funny crossing.
Everything started with Spanish in high school, I had to create an essay and I felt powerful with my words. It was a sublime experience because I had the vocabulary learnt during my whole life and I had all the tools to built an excellent text, the words streamed in the wind like butterflies in mating season, they also walked through my head and I felt I wanted to use them all; once I chose I caressed them in the same way I touched my body in first time’. They were delicate and fragile, from their skin came others off extremely majestic and meaty but at the end I felt all of them were chosen by God to my text.
A different thing happened when wrote in English I was nervous as much as you visit the dentist, you remind all your behavior but it is difficult to face it, even if you have to write something related to your life it becomes in a shocked experience, it dazed with my daisy field and my fantastic words I had to pull them out of me like a turkey that knows will be main character in Christmas eve. However finally I did my best, I spread all my luxury vocabulary and sew beautiful words in my text.
In contrast to the others experiences, my French debut was awful It was similar a toothache in the middle of nowhere, I had to write a composition about the water (I know it might be easy but it wasn’t) my roof fell down and I didn’t try it anymore.
Gina Marcela Villafañe

1 comment:

  1. I found in your words similar feelings about writting in different languages, but is interesting how you deal with the fact that mother tongue makes you confortable expressing yourself, and how building a new writer from a new laguage is to build a new being related with the linguistic and cultural representations of a new culture, I like it

    ReplyDelete