Sunday 30 September 2012

MWP. Writing and thinking


Based on my personal experience, I could say that they both are in a tight linking. Essentially, writing is the process in which thoughts and words are immortalized. Writing is a possibility for these ideas to transcend in time and space. Through writing, the ideas cross frontiers and reach people from different cultures in remote places.
It is a dialectical relation: Thinking originates writing, but the process of writing also conditions our way to think. In my personal experience, I have found that writing helps me to arrange properly my thoughts, to put them in order. I have already said that writing is like a soliloquy in which we expose to ourselves a handful of messy ideas that are gradually shaped by an exercise of self-criticism and reflection. Writing also boosts my creativity.

Andrés Bolaño

No comments:

Post a Comment